Dear family & friends in Christ,
Once again, thank you so very much for your physical, financial, moral and most of all, prayer support.
The results in Australia’s last election were unexpected for many, as the major parties lost several seats, with mostly conservative minor parties with moral values, winning seats.
Unfortunately, RUAP did not win any seats, but did quite well in the elections. In some electorates we received almost 5 times the vote compared to the last election.
We all know how God used a ungodly king called Cyrus to fulfil His plans. Likewise some of the candidates from varying political parties, who were elected into the Senate, are not Christians, but are standing for some very good values, although we at RUAP do not necessarily agree with some of their policies.
Let us start with Pauline Hanson’s One Nation Party. I met her 6 months ago for the very first time. Contrary to what I have heard about her from the media and others over the past 18 years, I saw a completely different person. She was very kind and very friendly. So much so that our preferences of each other were very high up in the order.
Then I had dinner with her 1 month before election and I am in regular contact with her. I was so pleased when she stated on Q&A that Australia is a Christian nation.
- One Nation / 4 seats – against Islam, pro-Australian values & Christian heritage, wants family court transform (which is long overdue), against climate change, etc.
- Derryn Hinch / 1 seat – against paedophilia and wants changes to current laws to protect children.
- Nick Xenophon / 3 seats – against gambling, wants current laws changed to make it harder for gambling, also against violent PlayStation video games.
- Family first / 1 seat – Pro family values and pro- Christianity.
- Jacqui Lambie / 1 seat – against Islamic sharia law.
- Cory Bernardi (Liberal Party) – stands for pro-life, against gay marriage, against sharia law, etc.
Even though the major parties wanted to control the Senate and called a double dissolution election, it completely back fired on them. Thank God for this, as every bill passed in parliament has to be approved by the Senate.
It looks like it is going to be a very interesting time ahead.
I believe this shift in the political arena needs to continue with Christians taking a much bigger role and getting actively involved in politics.
As American Republican Presidential Candidate Donald Trump stated in one of his speeches, Christianity is losing ground because Christians are not standing up and fighting for their rights.”
You may click the following link to watch an amazing speech by him.
As Christians let us rise up in prayer and action to take back what the devil has stolen from the church. This is the beginning of some very exciting times ahead.
May God bless you all,
Ps. Daniel Nalliah