“Someone made a police report and two police (one Muslim and one Christians) went to the church nicely and explain that tonight there might be an individual or group who would cause trouble. Having weighing all options, the church decided to cancel the event. All in good faith.” So apparently not all Muslims were as committed to “interfaith dialogue” as this church was.
Not that this will change anything as far as the church is concerned. After all, Melkite Greek Catholic Patriarch Gregory III Laham recently said: “No one defends Islam like Arab Christians,” and the same is no doubt to true of Malaysian Christians.
It is to defend Islam that Western clerics do not raise their voice against the global Muslim persecution of Christians. It is to pursue a fruitless and chimerical “dialogue” that bishops in the U.S. and Europe keep silent about Muslim persecution of Christians, and enforce that silence upon others.
Robert McManus, Roman Catholic Bishop of Worcester, Massachusetts, said it on February 8, 2013 as he was suppressing a planned talk at a Catholic conference on that persecution: “Talk about extreme, militant Islamists and the atrocities that they have perpetrated globally might undercut the positive achievements that we Catholics have attained in our inter-religious dialogue with devout Muslims.”
From Malaysia to the Mideast to Massachusetts, the Church is happily and docilely silent in the face of Islamic supremacist intimidation. In Massachusetts, it is silent for the sake of the “Muslim/Christian dialogue.” In Malaysia, it sets aside even that “dialogue” to avoid offending Muslims. Its subjugation is all that is constant.
KUALA LUMPUR, July 1 — A Catholic church in Petaling Jaya has cancelled an interfaith “buka puasa” event scheduled tonight after a complaint was made to the police.
Activist Syed Azmi Alhabshi confirmed to Malay Mail Online that the Assumption Church, PJ, had cancelled the breaking of fast, which had 65 registered guests comprising mostly Muslims and Christians, on its own prerogative as a safety precaution, and that the police did not ask the church to do so.
Earlier today on his Facebook page, Syed Azmi explained that police officers had visited the church to warn it of potential trouble over the planned event in Selangor during the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan.
“Someone made a police report and two police (one Muslim and one Christians) went to the church nicely and explain that tonight there might be an individual or group who would cause trouble.
“Having weighing all options, the church decided to cancel the event. All in good faith,” wrote Syed Azmi, who was consulted by the church on whether it was following Islamic rules by organising the event to break fast with Muslims.
He told Malay Mail Online that the police had notified the church that a report had been lodged and advised the church to be on their guard.
“I think their intention is very nice. Their intention is just to prevent anything (bad) from happening. They didn’t ask to close, they didn’t ask to cancel the event,” he said.
“The decision to cancel was not by the police. It was by the church and organising team itself,” the activist added.
When asked if there was a threat in the police report, Syed Azmi said neither its contents nor complainant was known.
Although the church “believes in good faith that everybody comes with good intention,” they felt there may be some danger and decided to shelve the event for the “safety of the public,” he said.
Event coordinator Fiona Biggs confirmed the cancellation, but declined to say why or to comment on the police report lodged.
“I think it’s best we don’t respond to that. And we just want to respond with friendship and love. We don’t want to ignite or instigate,” the campus youth pastoral worker at the Assumption Church, PJ, told Malay Mail Online when contacted….